【想说一口好英文?】每天读一遍,坚持1个月后,你的英文水准肯定跟美国人一样Geng!


What are you trying to say?(你到底想说什么?) 

Don’t be silly.(别胡闹了。) 

How strong are your glasses?(你近视多少度?) 

Just because.(没有别的原因。) 

It isn’t the way I hoped it would be.(这不是我所盼望的。) 

You will never guess.(你永远猜不到。) 

No one could do anything about it.(众人对此束手无措。) 

I saw something deeply disturbing.(深感事情不妙。)

Money is a good servant but a bad master.(要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。) 

I am not available.(我正忙着) 

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要) 

Never say die.it’s a piece of cake.别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。 

Don’t worry.you’ll get use to it soon.别担心,很快你就会习惯的。 

I konw how you feel.我明白你的感受。 

You win some.you lose some.胜败乃兵家常事。 

Don’t bury your head in the sand.不要逃避现实。 

I didn’t expect you to such a good job.我没想到你干得这么好。 

You are coming alone well.你做得挺顺利。 

She is well-build.她的身材真棒。 

You look neat and fresh.你看起来很清纯。 

You have a beautiful personality.你的气质很好。 

You flatter me immensely.你过奖啦。 

You should be slow to judge others.你不应该随意评论别人。 

I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.如有任何错误,请你原谅 

It was most careless of me.我太粗心了。 

It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。 

I wish i had all the time i’d ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。 

I like you the way you were.我喜欢你以前的样子。 

You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don’t want to be a third wheel.你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。 

Do you have anyone in mind?你有心上人吗? 

How long have you known her?你认识她多久了? 

It was love at frist sight.一见钟情 

I’d bettle hit the books.我要复习功课啦。 

a piece of one’s mind .直言不讳 

He gave me a piece of mind,”Don’t shift responsibility onto others.”他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。” 

a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活 

The husband and his wife are always quarrelling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。 

a dog’s life 潦倒的生活 

The man lived a dog’s life.这个人生活潦倒。 

A to Z 从头至尾 

I know that from A to Z. 我很了解这件事。 

above somebody 深奥 

Well,this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你们在讲什么。 

all ears 全神贯注地倾听着 

When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。 

all the more 更加,益发 

You’ll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,对你会更有好处。 

all dressed up 打扮得整整齐齐 

She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。 

all in all 总的说来;最心爱的东西 

The daughter is all in all to him.女儿是他的无价宝。 

all out 竭尽全力 

They went all out.他们鼓足了干劲。 

all over 全部结束;浑身,到处 

Glad,it is all over.这事全部结束了,好得很。 

I’m wet all over.我浑身都湿了。 

all set 准备就绪 

He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。 

all you have to do 需要做得是 

All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。 

as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC 容易得很 

To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log. 对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。 

as busy as a bee 非常忙 

Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。 

at one’s fingertips 了如指掌

来源:leesharing